We have some exciting news from the Australia Alopecia Areata Foundation.
The AAAF believes that whether to wear a wig or not is a personal choice. As government assistance and Medicare/Private Health Care reabates are limited and vary across states, the AAAF is offering from November 1st - February 28th 2016 a once off program to assist people over the age of 55 with updating or purchasing a new wig
- The amount awarded is a total of $700.00 inclusive of GST
- The applicant will need to provide relevant proof of age, in the form of a scan or photograph of a valid licence, passport, health care card or pension card.
- The applicant will also need to supply a confirmation that you do have a form of alopecia areata. Your GP can fill out a form that is available here
- AAAF can provide a list of Wig Providers in your state. A Wig Provider needs to be selected as part of this application. AAAF has the right to refuse the Wig Provider if we do not believe the Wig Provider will provide an overall positive experience and quality product for the applicant.
- The successful applicatn will recieve a voucher to present to the Wig Provider on collection of the wig. The Wig Provider will invoice AAAF directly quoting the voucher reference number.
- The grant is valid only until the 30/06/2016 and must be used before this date or it will be forfeited.
Please pass this information on to anyone you know that may be interested!